2/19/2012

Hackers target bingo halls

In a small town in Kentucky there is an 83 year old woman who claims hackers changed the ball being drawn and caused her to loose a $2500 bingo match. "They were drawing my winning number and at that moment the lights flickered. when the monitor screen came back on, it was a different number. I know they stole my money and I want justice, I want my money!" says Kia


We talked with another person at the bingo hall with the same concern. Mary who declined to reveal her age tells us "I saw these kids come in, you know? they had this computer with a scary mask sticker on it, they got here early like and i knew they were up to wrong ya know."


This is the third bingo hall this year that has been infiltrated by hackers. some fear Anonymous may be siphoning money out of these paid in cash businesses, and the owners are not even aware they are being bankrolled.

There is little protection for modern bingo businesses who have just recently upgraded to digital game card terminals that are insecure and only talk over poorly designed wireless networks.

0 comments: